Thursday, April 30, 2020

Slow Cooker Chicken with Baby Portobello Mushrooms







I made this recipe back at the beginning of April and it is pretty tasty and SUPER easy.  A bit bland without extra seasonings, so I added probably more pepper than the average person would add.  Garlic would be good in there, too.  And whatever else you like!

Could you use other veggies? Probably  Could you do it with another kind of meat? Probably.  Go for it!  And then tell me what how it turns out!

Serve it over rice or...pasta?  or, like, polenta rounds?  Or maybe just in a bowl? 

I found the original recipe online and definitely doubled the amount of mushrooms.  Because mushrooms are tasty and I had extra in the house. 

Also, I added a slow cooker tag/label to this recipe and will probably not go back and add it to past recipes.  Because that would screw up the dates, resetting them all to today.  Booo! (But I clearly needed a slow cooker tag before.)  And I added a "Life During Covid-19" tag, which I should have had before, too!

Ingredients:

  • 8 to 16 oz. of baby portobello mushrooms (that's one to two small packages)
  • 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. of skinless, boneless chicken breast or tenderloins 
  • 1 can of cream-of-whatever soup (I used mushroom, because I had that and I'm a Midwesterner.  But celery, chicken, golden mushroom...all probably perfectly good choices.  Also, I used the low-sodium, healthy kind.)
  • Salt, Pepper, and other spices, to taste


Directions:

  1. Place chicken at the bottom of a slow cooker
  2. Clean and slice mushroom and put those on top of chicken
  3. Pour soup over the top
  4. Stir soup and mushrooms just a bit (Don't stir down to the chicken, though.  Leave that at the bottom)
  5. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours, checking chicken to be sure it is done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment