Friday, April 6, 2018

Basically Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs: Another Skill Unlocked!



I made a whole bunch of things on Easter last weekend.  One of those things was half a dozen hard boiled eggs.  And they turned out so close to perfect that I wanted to record how I did it for next time.  (The one thing that was less than 100% was the shape.  I didn't pay attention to how they were sitting and so they aren't the same.)


  1. I filled my smallest soup pot 2/3 of the way full of cold water, added a teaspoon or so of salt and a quick glug of white vinegar--I didn't measure. 
  2. Then I placed my eggs in the water, put it on the stove and heated until it came to a good rolling boil.
  3. I covered the pot and turned it down to low for 1 minute, then turned it off and let it sit for 12 minutes.  
  4. I removed the eggs with a slotted spoon and carefully put them in a bowl filled with ice water
  5. I left them in there for a while, then removed, dried, and refrigerated the eggs. 
  6. They peeled really nicely, and were well-cooked but without any green ring around it.  
I ate the first one (pictured above) with carrot sticks and cucumber slices!












No comments:

Post a Comment