Sunday, May 25, 2014

Blogging? Really?! Why??!!

I made a chocolate cake for a gathering this weekend and it was really pretty good, if I do say so myself.  So I put a photo of it up on facebook and a bunch of people liked the image...and someone asked for the recipe.  And I thought, "Facebook is not really conducive to sharing recipes.  Maybe I should actually do that blog I've been thinking about, huh?"

Basically, I've been thinking for a while that I should have a blog.  Just for me and to maybe to share a few things with a few people.  Like recipes that other people might want to try.  Or notes about what made something turn out better or worse than expected.  Or comments about cool places I visit, fun activities I try, etc.  (And maybe a way a post stuff so mom can add it to her Pinterest page. Hi, Mom! :)  )

Mostly I have a bunch of projects (around the house, DIY stuff, recipe experiments, etc.) and a bunch of life experiences that I would like to document.  'Cause that'd be sort of fun for me.  I'm *not* creating some kind of lifestyle-advice blog here. Martha Stewart I am not.  A professional blogger I am not.  Seriously.  The goal will not be to be super-witty, an expert, or anything else like that.  Ultimately, I just want to be able to look back and say, "So, yeah.  I did some stuff.  And it was pretty cool/fun/hard/fulfilling/irritating/whatever."  I'm hoping that this will also help me remember the successes and failures when I try to do something a second or third time.  Incremental improvement can be a wonderful thing!

Disclaimer: This is not a personal-journal type blog. I think personal journals should be personal.  Once you put them on the internet, that is sort of out-the-window.  Obvious, right?  If we're friends and you want to know about my personal stuff, please don't use this blog.  Facebook private messages, email, the phone, and traditional mail all work better for that sort of thing. Thanks!  :)

The title has to do with the fact that I always try to learn and do new things but that I do not expect any kind of perfection from myself.  That would, obviously, be an exercise in futility for me.  I'm used to the imperfect.  Plus, those imperfections in life are what makes things different and, sometimes, really awesome.

Anyway, I'll get that chocolate cake recipe up later today.  Promise!  In the meantime, here's a photo:




No comments:

Post a Comment