Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Slow Cooker Ham Tetrazini with Mushrooms and Peas

 


Did I base this recipe off of something from Taste of Home? Yeah, I did.  But did I completely change most things about it?  Also yeah.  I had to.  There were circumstances beyond my control, and I went with it.  It turned out pretty good, though, and made 6 generous portions of creamy comfort food for a cold winter day, so I have leftovers for lunches/dinners later!

Ingredients

  • 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted (I used the low fat, low sodium kind)
  • 3 cans sliced mushrooms, drained (or you could use 2 cups of sliced fresh mushrooms, *if you can find any at your store*)  
  • 2 cups fully cooked ham, cubed (I used two 8 oz. ham steaks and diced them up, because little hams that used to be pretty cheap were $25 at my store)
  • 1 can evaporated milk (fat free or 2%)
  • about 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
  • 1 package (16 oz) spaghetti (will cook before putting in slow cookr, at the end)
  • 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1 package of frozen peas (warmed/steamed before putting in slow cooker, at the end)
  • Pepper, to taste

Directions

  1. Combine the soup, mushrooms, ham, milk, mustard in the slow cooker.

     
  2. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
  3. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. 
  4. Cook/steam peas according to package directions. 
  5. Add the spaghetti, peas, and cheese to slow cooker, then toss/stir.


No comments:

Post a Comment