Sunday, January 3, 2016

Infused Water


In an effort to drink more water (always a good thing, right?), I always get to the point where plain water just doesn't taste good anymore.   And then drinking it seems like like chore and I start resenting it.  Pretty soon, I'm not drinking water like I should...and the vicious cycle starts over. 

I've found a few solutions: lightly flavored waters,  crystal light packets,  etc. But these are all kind of pricey and are a better fit for when I'm away from home.  When I'm at home, a pitcher of infused water is a good solution.  Also, it is inexpensive...and makes me feel kinda fancy.  

I've found that scrubbing the fruit really well, then slicing it really thin and letting it infuse (AKA: sit in my fridge in the pitcher without drinking it) for 24 hours works really well. I've done apples and it turned out OK, but a relatively light flavor.  Citrus fruit is the classic and definitely my favorite.  I've done oranges, lemons, limes, and combos of those 3. All have been thoroughly tasty, healthy, refreshing beverages!


No comments:

Post a Comment