Sunday, January 24, 2016

Healthy faux stir-fried veggies





I really like stir-fries, but I think that they are kind of a hassle.  I don't own a wok, and you have to stand there doing lots of stirring.   

Instead of pretty much literally slaving over a hot stove, I came up with a solution that is fast, easy to clean up, and just as healthy!

Ingredients:
  • Fresh vegetables.  I used: Green Beans, Julienne Carrots, Mushrooms, Green Peppers
  • Water Chestnuts, canned and drained
  • Minced Garlic
  • Bottled Sauce.  I used Archer Farms Thai Peanut
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Put out one large piece of foil
  3. Spray with non-stick spray
  4. Pile veggies on the foil  
  5. Spread garlic on there
  6. Drizzle with sauce  
  7. Place another piece of foil on top and fold up edges to seal and make a packet 
  8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until veggies are tender
  9. Allow packet to cool for a few minutes and then cut open, being careful to release steam without burning yourself   
  10. Transfer to a bowl or a plate, add more sauce (if you like)
  11. Serve with rice




[Updated 2/3/2016 to fix broken image]


No comments:

Post a Comment