Sunday, January 3, 2021

Holiday Baked Fruit: Perfect for a Crowd

 


With a 4-day work holiday for New Years, I'm working to get caught up on a bunch of stuff: sleep, housework, recipes, etc.

This is an old favorite from my mom's recipe cards, labeled as being from "Taste of Farmland" magazine.  You could swap out whatever fruit you want and use the fruity liquor of your choice.  For example, I couldn't find pineapple chunks this holiday, so I used an extra can of pears.  And I didn't have any orange liquor, so I used Chambord.  Oh, and I added dried strawberries, just for kicks!  

Also, while it makes a huge batch, it keeps well.  I had several servings over the Christmas week, but I have some in my freezer for later.  It can be served warm or cold, but my favorite is warm.      

Ingredients:

  • 1 can apple pie filling
  • 1 can cherry or strawberry pie filling
  • 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
  • 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
  • 1 can pear halves or slices. drained
  • 1 can sliced peaches, drained
  • 12 oz. pitted prunes
  • 2 to 4 Tbsp. butter or margarine
  • 1/4 to 1/3 cup orange liquor or brandy (optional)
  • dash of salt

Directions:

  1. Combine fruit
  2. Place in greased 13x9 baking pan
  3. Sprinkle with a smidge of salt, and dot with butter and liquor/brandy
  4. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.



No comments:

Post a Comment