Monday, May 25, 2015

Blog Anniversary!

Exactly one year ago I started this blog to keep track of my personal projects, baking experiments, etc.  It isn't private (which, if you are anyone but me and reading this, should be obvious) but it being public isn't the point at all.  In fact, at the time I just felt like I needed to record things so that I could prove to myself that I can--and do--do things, sometimes really well.  Putting these things out in the world rather than in a journal of some kind was just a way to share with a few people.

One year later, the original impulse is working! It's incredibly good for me to see some of the non-job things I've done all in one place--even if they were small and/or silly things.  And especially in a year that has been incredibly challenging in all sorts of ways.  

Moral of the story: the greatest pleasures in life are the little things we do.  So, do things that make you happy and give you a sense of accomplishment... And then remember those things and how they make you feel! 


No comments:

Post a Comment