Monday, January 4, 2021

Delicious Fluffy Pancakes for Two

 


Who doesn't like pancakes?!  Next up in my 2020 recipe catch-up series is this nice recipe that makes two servings. I guess you could share them with someone if you wanted to.  But I like to eat one when I make it on the weekend, and save the other serving for Monday morning. 

I first made it early this fall and I've had it several times since. Pictured above is a stack served with light margarine, bourbon-vanilla maple syrup, and toasted pecans. Pictured below is a stack made with sprinkles.  You could make fewer, bigger cakes, but I like a tall stack of smaller ones.  Because it just seems more fun that way!


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar (or less, if you prefer)
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 egg
  • scant 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla (or to taste)


Directions:

  1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  Whisk or stir with a fork to blend
  2. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg.  Add milk, oil, and vanilla.
  3. Stir to blend.
  4. Spray skillet/griddle with non-stick spray
  5. Use a 1/4 cup to measure out batter onto skillet
  6. Cook on one side until bubbles are breaking all over the top
  7. Flip and cook until bottom is browned. 












No comments:

Post a Comment