Saturday, February 2, 2019

Organizing the most unorganized of kitchen drawers




Before I left for the ALA Midwinter meeting in the last week of January, I decided to do a bit of an organization project in my kitchen.  Basically I was tired of raking around in my "other kitchen stuff" drawer looking for what I needed to use.  On top of everything else, some of the things in the drawer are stabby (or grate-y)!

I used some sturdy cardboard from a box, wrapped the pieces in wrapping paper--to go with the red theme in my kitchen--and put them in diagonally.  They are held in/up with scotch tape at the moment, and between that and the stuff in the sections, it seems to be holding up.  
One section has my tea stuff, one has measuring spoons, one has measuring cups, and one is everything else. 

I'm sure this will not be a permanent change--I should use contact paper or something that is more heavy duty--but it's working well for now and I feel good about at least one area where I'm being more organized!  




No comments:

Post a Comment