Friday, November 18, 2016

Coconut Poke Cake: a tropical indulgence, anytime of year!



Back in the Summer, I wrote a post on making Key Lime Pie Bars for a tropical-themed celebration.  Another of my favorite tropical treats that is super-super-easy and can be made year-round? Coconut poke cake!

My photo isn't the finished, pretty version, but believe me when I say this cake is incredible.  
  • Make a white cake mix according to directions for a 9x13 inch cake.
  • While it is still hot, poke cake all over with a wooden spoon handle or utility fork.  
  • Mix a 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk with an equal amount of coconut cream.
  • Pour evenly over the top of the cake
  • Let cake cool completely and then frost with cool whip
  • Top with toasted, flaked coconut (optional)
  • Keep refrigerated.






  




No comments:

Post a Comment