Monday, October 24, 2016

Caramel Apple Sangria: Perfect for a Fall gathering


Whenever I have people over in quantity--I hesitate to call what I do "entertaining"--I like to have a thematically-appropriate alcoholic beverage.  Sometimes that is a recipe for a mixed drink, but this Halloween I did the mixing in advance.  The recipe was pretty popular, so it might go into my go-to rotation.  This would be great for a party, a brunch, or, if you live somewhere that is not super-cold, a fall-time BBQ.    

  • 1 bottle of apple cider (I used the spiced apple cider from Trader Joe's)
  • 1 bottle of white wine (I used Trader Joe's cheap Pinot Grigio)
  • 1 cup Caramel-flavored vodka plus more if you like.  (I'll be honest, I added a couple more "glugs" when I made mine)
  • Cut up apples and/or pears


Chill all ingredients, dump them into a serving container, and stir together.  (Personally, I used a cool beverage dispenser with a stand.  The photo on this entry is after many a cup had already been poured!)  Serve cold and/or over ice.

Also, I added some club soda to my cup, to make it a bit more of a refreshing drink and to cut some of the sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment