Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Fancy Nutella-Filled Cupcakes



I made some cupcakes for a baby-shower this week and they got unanimously good reviews.  They were chocolate cake, filled with Nutella, and frosted with almond buttercream frosting.  The finished product is above.  (Or, rather, one of the finished versions.  There were some that were frosted with lavender, too)  

How did I get the filling in?  Easy, I used an apple corer to make uniform and neat holes in every cupcake.  


      


Then I took a quart ziploc bag, filled it with nutella, and then cut off a corner.  This let me stick the opening into the hole of the cupcake, squeeze, and neatly fill the hole in the cake.  A jar of Nutella filled one batch of 24 cupcakes.  Then I just frosted over the cupcakes (and the filling) with big swirls.  
      


1 comment: